Thursday, September 17, 2015

Peyton Manning flies young girl with cancer in for Broncos opener versus Ravens


Dear Peyton Manning, 
You took the time to read her letter. A letter that I can only imagine is one of thousands you receive in a week.
You probably choked up. Kari Barnett Bollig's story is one that makes even tough football giants cry. 
And then you did the miraculous. What Kari never expected in a million years you would do.
You didn't put that letter down, thinking to yourself "too bad for that woman." You didn't traipse out onto the field, loosen up your shoulder and start throwing.
You walked in to your people at Mile High Stadium and you told your people to call that woman. I can hear you saying it now: "Get that woman out here. I want to meet her." 
I didn't love you before, Peyton. Even when you were in Indianapolis, even when you won a Super Bowl for the Colts during the 2006 season. I didn't love you even when you made me cry with laughter in "Saturday Night Live" or those goofy ESPN commercials....

H/T -   Continue to read from Indy Star, HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment