Sunday, February 16, 2014

Montee Ball Ready for Role


Montee Ball ready to take over Denver's backfield


Broncos running back Montee Ball never had much of a chance to be the primary rusher for the team in 2013 because of Knowshon Moreno's exploits. But Moreno might be on the move this spring, and that would open up the chance at getting the primary workload.

Ball would jump at that chance.

"I do want to be a starter, and yeah, I want the football every time," Ball told the Denver Post. "I think I'm going to have a great offseason, and I'm going to have a better season next year for sure."  

Montee Ball runs vs the +Chargers in the AFC
Divisional Round playoff win.
Photo Courtesy: Denver Broncos (AP)
Ball might have to work on his pass protection, a huge deal in Denver since Peyton Manning is the quarterback, and he also has to hang on tight to the football after fumbling twice in his first 31 carries. But Ball knows he can take what he learned this season and apply it to what he does in the offseason to become a starter.

"It was a very unfortunate situation for us, obviously, in the Super Bowl, but it gave us a lot to work for," Ball said. "We understand how much it took to get there, and for me as a rookie, it was great to be a part of the process leading up to the Super Bowl, because I truly understand what it takes. And I'm going to play a huge role in next year's success, and I'm really looking forward to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment